Normal Topic My first crash (Read 307 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

My first crash
Jan 9th, 2006 at 9:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Had my first Sesame crash today.  I had finished some extensive design changes to a personnell db and was showing off my work to the user who will need it.  She asked about "seeing everyone at once" so I brought up the table view.  She liked that, so I went to close it.  Clicked the red X and boom, crash.  I immediately made a copy of all 4 files.

Couldn't re-open the db so I assumed it was locked.  Used the Manager to unlock and it opened with no problem.  Didn't need the backups I made but I'll hang onto them for the time being.

Questions:  what's the best way to determine if any data was corrupted?  Is this even likely?  Should I look for strange characters, or text in date fields, or dogs and cats living together, what?  Does Sesame have anything like Q&A's "Recover Database" utility?

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: My first crash
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 9:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
Corrupt data is unlikely. Sesame "recovers" your app each time you open it, so there is no separate Recover utility.

As to the crash, can you do it again (on a backup!!!)? If you can, send it into Support with instructions on how to make it happen. We'll run it through the debugger and see exactly what is going on.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged