Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) @sendmail .... BCC (Read 4430 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: @sendmail .... BCC
Reply #30 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 8:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Again, all I'm asking for is what I consider "reasonable" consideration and then if indeed, something can't be done ... well, it just can't be done.

This is the second time in recent memory that you've said something like that. I suppose what is confusing me is that there seems to be times at which you believe that you are not being giving reasonable consideration.

We give a weight to the requests and concerns of our users that goes far beyond what many software companies consider reasonable.  Otherwise, the lead developer wouldn't be personally answering those concerns at 10:30 on a Saturday night, as Mark did last night.

Sometimes, you (or any member of the Forum) may post a request and receive in return a reply from Mark discussing an alternate viewpoint or related concerns of which you may not be aware. This is not a refusal to consider your problem. We are simply sharing additional information with you.

We may not be able to adjust everything within 15 minutes of receiving your request (as we often do), but we don't dismiss things that you want out of hand. We may solve it a different way than your original request. We may not be able to solve it immediately. However, we never simply disregard your requests or refuse to at least make an attempt to find a way to get you what you want.

Quote:
<snip> Mark has a way of making in work in at least his two trials and probably for me as well.

No, Mark made it work by adding a CC. As I said, we need to pick apart some very thick bramble bushes to find a long term solution for this one.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Re: @sendmail .... BCC
Reply #31 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 9:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika -

You said:

Quote:
Quote:<snip> Mark has a way of making in work in at least his two trials and probably for me as well. 
No, Mark made it work by adding a CC. As I said, we need to pick apart some very thick bramble bushes to find a long term solution for this one.

But Mark had said in an earlier response:

Quote:
In the case of the BCC with no CC, Sesame will send an "empty" RCPT. It may well be that your server does not like that - even though it is legal SMTP.
Your dedicated email program may not send the empty RCPT, also perfectly legal.

So, when Mark said he tried it, and it worked in two instances, I thought he was referring to something other than including a CC.   If I misinterpreted his response, my apologies.

I do want to make one thing very clear here, that I have also said before on more than one occasion, because I don't want to get into any misunderstanding.

1)  I think Sesasme is a  phenominal software product.  (Otherwise, I wouldn't be dedicating my time, energy and effort to working with it).

2)  I think each and every one of you have been providing  phenominal support, that goes far beyond what any other Software Development company has ever provided their customers.  Presently, no-one comes even close.

3)  I think the "turn-around" time for receiving responses is absolutely phenominal.  (I have never complained about how long it took to receive a reply and doubt that I ever will).

4) I absolutely applaud each and every one of you for the job you have done and the job you are doing.

5) I flaunt Sesame to anyone and everyone who will listen.

And, yes, on rare occasion there may be a difference of opinion but certainly, nothing that is irreconcilable.  That's what makes us human.  Certainly, when there is a difference I would just like to reconcile it and move on from there.

Once again, thank you for the time, energy and effort you (and Mark and Ray and, perhaps others "behind the scenes") put into responding and clarifying each and every issue.

And one last thing that perhaps I don't say often enough - although I try to - Thank you, most sincerely!

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print