Normal Topic Keystrokes I miss (Read 378 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Keystrokes I miss
Jan 13th, 2006 at 7:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
There are a couple of Q&A keystrokes I miss when using Sesame:

F4 and its variations, used to delete the contents of fields (elements).  Shift+F4 was a great time saver, replacing many "deletes" or "backspaces".  I'm a big fan of keyboard shortcuts, and generally dislike having to move my hand off the keyboard onto the mouse (for instance, to select a bunch of text to delete with one keystroke like F4).

Alt+F6 for table view.  This has been replaced with Shift+F6, which is fine but I have to remember to switch whenever I'm alternating back and forth between Q&A and Sesame.  Alt+F6 now opens the Field Editor, just like F6.  At least, I haven't noticed any difference.  Out of curiosity, why was this change made (to Shift+F6 from Alt+F6)?  If it is the equivalent of F6 then it seems like it would have been available for assignment to Table View.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Keystrokes I miss
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2006 at 8:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
F4 and its variations, used to delete the contents of fields (elements).  Shift+F4 was a great time saver, replacing many "deletes" or "backspaces".  I'm a big fan of keyboard shortcuts, and generally dislike having to move my hand off the keyboard onto the mouse (for instance, to select a bunch of text to delete with one keystroke like F4).

CTRL-k will delete to end of line. CTRL-U will delete entire LE contents.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Re: Keystrokes I miss
Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2006 at 8:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
CTRL-k will delete to end of line. CTRL-U will delete entire LE contents.

Yay!  Thanks Mark!

Captain Infinity
IP Logged