Normal Topic "Element" and "Parent"? (Read 599 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

"Element" and "Parent"?
Jan 31st, 2006 at 3:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Working with Inside Sesame V1#8, I was trying the tip for rubber-banding all the elements on a tab page.  I banded them all, unselected the tab, and moved the elements using Control+arrow.  Then I decided to move them back to where they were, so I clicked on "Undo Last Change" on the Command Panel.

Got this message:  "Cannot undo this change automatically.  Element would no longer be contained by its parent."  I had to click "OK" 9 times (there are 9 elements on this Tab.)

I don't know what this means but it doesn't sound good.  Am I correct in assuming that the Tab is the parent?  Thing is, I haven't moved the elements off the tab, just to a different location on the tab.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: "Element" and "Parent"?
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 4:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Undoing on Tabs can be funny. I have a note to look into this. The error message doesn't indicate anything other than that it can't undo your change. I'll see what I can do about the ability to undo moving elements on Tabs.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 5:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Undoing on Tabs can be funny. I have a note to look into this. The error message doesn't indicate anything other than that it can't undo your change. I'll see what I can do about the ability to undo moving elements on Tabs.

Just a side note on tab pages, It sometimes says that it can not undo but it does the undo properly anyway.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 6:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:

Like most things I'm doing these days, it's just a curiosity.  I just exited the design without saving and then re-opened my original form.

One thing that does interest me (because I'm sure I'm going to encounter it again) is the handling of error acknowledgement.  If I had banded 50 elements and got this message I probably would have had to click "OK" 50 times.  Yeesh.  Luckily it was only 9.  Is there a way to "master acknowledge" an error?  Maybe Shift+OK?

Quote:
Just a side note on tab pages, It sometimes says that it can not undo but it does the undo properly anyway.
  Weird.  But good to know, thanks.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged