Normal Topic Report help - Table vs Freeform (Read 293 times)
esgage

No personal text

Report help - Table vs Freeform
Feb 16th, 2006 at 12:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello:

I need help yet again. I have the format of my report to look pretty much to my standards. However, I want each retrieved item to show up on a different page in the output. I have two views. A Freeform view and a Table view. The Table view is needed so I can have borders around my data. Is there a way to tell Sesame to have each retrieved document on a separate page? My report is structured like the following:

Packing List                                                                  Invoice #
E & S Gage (Static text)
Telephone (Static text)
… etc… (Static text)

Date Shipped

Ship To:
Database values..                       (all of this is in a Freeform view)
“ “ “”
Line……………………..

PO#  Item#      QTY            Tool Number            Description      
Database Values…………….
(above is in a Table view so I can have borders.

Ideally I would like to run multiple Packing Lists at the same time, so I do not have to search each item separately. As it is now, I get the table view to show all retrieved data while the freeform view show just one of the records like I need.

Thanks,

Kevin

E & S Gage

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Report help - Table vs Freeform
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 5:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Kevin,

When a report has multiple views, the first View runs through all the records and then the second View runs through all the records.  It is similar to running two separate reports and then concatenating the second report onto the end of the first report.  So if a report is run on three records the output would look like this

Freeform view of Record #1
Freeform view of Record #2
Freeform view of Record #3
Table view of Record #1
Table view of Record #2
Table view of Record #3

In order to get the output you are looking for the current report would need to be run on one record at a time. Another way to do this would be to create a form that would replace this report. You would just print the form and it would look exactly like you want to, and each record would be on a different page. Another way would be to use PrintString() like the invoices in the sample application SesameSeasons.db are generated.  Another way would be to use a single Form View and program the Table into it. This way you could control the page breaks.

If you are in a freeform report you can add a page break element to your group body and that will cause the report to break onto a new page when that element is reached.

If I am misunderstanding you please let me know.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged