Normal Topic Static Picture in a report (Read 488 times)
esgage

No personal text

Static Picture in a report
Feb 20th, 2006 at 12:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
To whom it may concern:

Is the static picture command working in Sesame in the report mode? I have successfully posted a static picture on my form. However, when I try to post that same picture on a report it does not work. I am using Sesame 1.1.3. I followed the directions on page 80 of the Sesame manual. My picture, called is esgage.bmp is located in the application image folder, pics. The location is the same folder as the supplied sample gem photos. I have tried two ways to try and post this on the report. I tried to post the static picture as C:\Sesame\Pics\esgage.bmp and as pics\esgage.bmp. Both methods would not display the picture in preview mode. Did I do anything wrong?

Thank you,

Kevin
E & S Gage

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Static Picture in a report
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Kevin,

What is your application image path set to? It can be found under the application property manager.

Are you setting the name of the Static Image or are you setting the label? You need to set the label which can be done on the other tab of the property editor. You will need to set the label to the relative path of the image from the application image path. If the application image path is a . that means the current working directory which under a standard install is C:\Sesame.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

esgage

No personal text

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
What is your application image path set to? It can be found under the application property manager

Ray:

Application image path is Pics. I changed it from the default "." to "Pics." This allowed me post the picture on the form. When first designing the report, in the Report Header, I select Static Picture from the Layout Element adder. In the name, I tried 2 methods, 1. In name I typed C:\Sesame\Pics\esgage.bmp. 2. In name I typed Pics\esgage.bmp.
I also did as you suggested and changed the label to pics\esgage.bmp.

This still did not work.

Thanks,

Kevin

IP Logged

esgage

No personal text

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ray:

Never mind. I got it to work.

Thanks,