Normal Topic New Element question - boxing (Read 539 times)
esgage

No personal text

New Element question - boxing
Feb 28th, 2006 at 3:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello:

This may be similar to another box question I read in an earlier post. However, mine is a little different. I am putting a new element on a new form. Lets say it is a "New Text Field" in the Layout Element Adder called Name. I noticed that when I add the element, a box will allways appear where the database values go. However, I am designing a form for the sole purpose of printing, to make a custom packing list not available in Sesame's report area.

In the element Name, I want to put the data in a box I create that will allow it to be centered in that box. I noticed I can resize the box that Sesame generates for the data, but I can only align it right or left. To get around this I thought I could create the Name element without the box or an invisible box. I would then put this inside a box on the element from the Element adder. However, no matter what I try I cannot make this data box invisible. I click on the element, try to hit the look button in the property editor, hit no box, and also tried to fill the same color as the layout. None of this worked. Is what I want possible?

Thank you,

Kevin E & S Gage

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: New Element question - boxing
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 4:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Kevin,

Set the Box Fill to Filled
Set the Box Type to Flat
Set the Back Fill color to the back fill color of the form

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

esgage

No personal text

Re: New Element question - boxing
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 5:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ray:

Once again you have helped me. Thank you very much. I am very impressed with the level of customer service you guys provide at Lantica. I will certainly recommend your products to anyone you inquires to me!

Kevin

IP Logged