Normal Topic What we've been doing lately (Read 2293 times)
The Cow
YaBB Administrator

What we've been doing lately
Mar 10th, 2006 at 2:34am
Print Post Print Post  
The tech support phone has been pretty quiet lately, freeing Ray up to work on Sesame 2.0 a good deal. He's added a bunch of nice features to the programming/F6 editor, a few log file features, and some new SBasic commands:

@PopupStringEditor() ; pops up a text editor returning the contents as a string.
@DirectoryExists() ; checks if a directory exists
@CreateDirectory() ; creates a new directory

I've been spending most of my time on optimizations for "X" commands and relational records. I've also added a bunch of new parameters to existing commands and some new features, like being able to specify a web address for the path to either static or dynamic images. So, for example, you can specify an image as:

http://www.lantica.com/images/lantica2.jpg

to have the Lantica logo in an image element on the form.

DeleteRecord() ; deletes the current record
FormDeleteRecord() ; deletes an enumerated record in a named form
FormExit() ; closes a named form
@IsUnique() ; checks if a value would be unique for that LE
@HTTPGetHTML() ; downloads a web page, for example:
Code
Select All
var aa as string

aa = @HTTPGetHTML("www.google.com", "/search?hl=en&q=lantica&btnG=Google+Search", "", 80)

will search Google for references to "Lantica" - the results will be placed in the string "aa".

The total number of line item in 2.0's change log as of today: 256 (an even power of two!)

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: What we've been doing lately
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 9:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Well, I posted last night on what Ray and I have been doing, only to come in the morning with Erika saying, "what about me?"

Erika is preparing for her classes to be taught in Boston. The Boston set will be the last out-of-state classes for a little while. She is also putting some of what she has learned from teaching so many beginner classes into refining the intermediate/advanced classes to be held here at Hammer over the summer. She is also starting to develop a new class (maybe a set) on Sesame's Report Writer.

Between all of that she has been working with Bill Halpern on some new marketing ideas, and doing a fair amount of Sesame consulting...

...whew!

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged