Normal Topic Retrieving duplicate records (Read 310 times)
Amor
Members

No personal text

Retrieving duplicate records
Mar 10th, 2006 at 2:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello!

I need a report to display all occurences of duplicate records (Subrecords) and exclude all distinct records (Subrecords).

The process of generating a report that returns only the records that are duplicated in the database is NOT possible using the Report Record Selection.

How can i set up a report to accomplish this?

have i to create a formula that sets a 'Flag' when identical fields are encountered ? but how ?

Is what i want possible?
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2006 at 6:15pm by Amor »  

Dr. med. Amor Belhareth&&Medizin Labor &&Germany

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Retrieving duplicate records
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 3:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Can you add an invisible DupeFlag element to the form, then maybe one of these?

1. Can you run Remove Duplicate Records to ID the result set, then run the report or do a mass update to a DupeFlag on each record in the result set?

OR

2. On all records, vs. Remove Duplicates, write out the record to a string, loop through records also writing to strings.  Compare strings and value to DupeFlag element if strings match?  Now all duplicates will have a value set in the DupeFlag field. 

But will consume time because will have to write out record1, compare all others to it, setting flags.  Then write out record2 and compare all others to that one, setting flags.  Repeating for every record.  Can be reduced by retreiving only those records that are likely to be dupes, ie: only records that have same PO number.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged