Normal Topic Report section is HORRIBLE !!! (Read 552 times)
NightHawk

No personal text

Report section is HORRIBLE !!!
Mar 20th, 2006 at 5:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been messing with reports and it is absolutely dreadful.  The design of report writer has many issues that I hope are fixed soon.  The reports seem to be fine ONLY IF you agree with the basic portrait style.  otherwise the do not line up, report and page headers and footers dont work, even my programmer said they are "unpredictable". In static text, I cannot use the symbol "!", it just refuses to show up.  The top right of the page is wasted space, I cannot get info up there no matter what I do... Q&A reports are MUCH better....  Angry

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Report section is HORRIBLE !!!
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 6:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
In static text, I cannot use the symbol "!", it just refuses to show up. 

Like Q&A, Sesame'e report writer uses the "!" to indicate a newline within a column header (Ref: Q&A 5.0 User's Guide, pg 4-51). Unlike Q&A (and an oversight on my part), placing a blackslash in front of it will not work in Sesame. Instead insert the
Code
Select All
&#33 

to get an "!".

I will get the backslash working for the next release.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 6:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
As to your other issues, I am sure that technical support would be happy to help you with any specific issues you may be having with the report writer.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2006 at 11:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
The reports seem to be fine ONLY IF you agree with the basic portrait style.

I looked into this. I'm guessing that you are using an unaltered Q&A report direct from translation. Q&A provides column widths for each of the columns. Sesame retains these widths. But, because the widths are set, when the HTML prints, it cannot change these width to adapt to landscape mode.

The solution is simple: remove the width settings from some (if not all) of the columns in SDesigner. That will allow the table, and the columns therein, to expand to fill the greater width provided by landscape mode.

IP Logged