Normal Topic @XUS Syntax error with brackets (Read 564 times)
Peter

No personal text

@XUS Syntax error with brackets
Mar 26th, 2006 at 12:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi

I'm just revisiting a database for stocktaking that I haven't used for a while. It seems that the change to 1.13 is causing a syntax error. I'm using the @XUS function to create a picklist. Some of the items in the picklist have brackets () in them, and I'm not able to search on those items - am getting a Syntax Error. Is there an easy way around this please?

Thanks in advance

Peter

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: @XUS Syntax error with brackets
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 3:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Hi

I'm just revisiting a database for stocktaking that I haven't used for a while. It seems that the change to 1.13 is causing a syntax error. I'm using the @XUS function to create a picklist. Some of the items in the picklist have brackets () in them, and I'm not able to search on those items - am getting a Syntax Error. Is there an easy way around this please?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Parenthesis are significant in a Sesame search, they have meaning. To find a parenthesis that is in the results put a backslash in front of the parenthesis. In other words, if a LE has "(Paris)" in it, you can search for that with "\(P.."

This is generally true of the characters that have significance to a Sesame search.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Peter

No personal text

Re: @XUS Syntax error with brackets
Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 9:29am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for such a quick response - much appreciated

Peter

IP Logged