Normal Topic Pretty strange doins' today (Read 332 times)
The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Pretty strange doins' today
Apr 8th, 2006 at 1:04am
Print Post Print Post  
Today I added two related sesame.ini settings:

BACKUP ON LOAD: ON/OFF; this causes Sesame to backup an application right after it finished loading.

BACKUP ON SAVE: ON/OFF ; this causes Sesame to backup an application right before it performs a save to file.

With both of these sesame.ini settings, Sesame will create a directory with the same name as the application without extension. It will then save copies of the application files to that directory with a timestamped filename.

I also added to the sesame.ini:

EXPLICIT SAVE ONLY: ON/OFF ; this a very dangerous setting (and should never be used in normal operation), that causes Sesame to not automatically save changes to the application files when records advance or retreat. It will only save to the file when explicitly told to using the save button, save pulldown menu items, or the save commands on the command tree. Changes are still committed to the server on advance/retreat, but are not committed to the files until told to do so.

I added to SBasic:
AppSaveMode(mode as int) ; this set "save behavior" settings on the server for the current application. Currently the only settings are: 0 = save, 1 = no saving, but there will be more behaviors in time.

@AppSaveMode() as int ; this returns the save mode for the current application.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged