Normal Topic Sesame Training Webinars (Read 735 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame Training Webinars
Apr 11th, 2006 at 6:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Would anybody be interested in Sesame Training via 2 hour webinars?

The Beginner classes can be given this way. They won't be hands-on or as comprehensive as the full day sessions, but they will be more convenient and less expensive and nobody has to travel.

You would need high-speed internet and a telephone. To participate, you would join a Citrix online meeting which would allow you to see my screen, and call a telephone number which will get you into a conference call where you can hear the class and ask questions. The phone number is not toll-free, but long distance is not that expensive these days.

Would this interest anybody?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Sesame Training Webinars
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2006 at 8:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
You could also consider using Skype for free phone.

We tried that at out last Sesame Users Group meeting.  Can be set up for video and/or conference calls,  I think a limit of 5 per group, but you could set up a group for every pc in the room.

I left info re Skype in Off Topic section about 6 months ago, at this link: http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=ot;action=display;num=1...

Concept sounds good for training sessions.....could be recorded and made into library?

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Sesame Training Webinars
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 2:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Would anybody be interested in Sesame Training via 2 hour webinars?

Would this interest anybody?

I think Sesame Training via 2 hour webinars would be terrific. I think it would allow more people access to training. I believe this could be an extremely valuable tool as a refresher course to the actual in house courses periodically offered. Once 2.0 is released it would be nice to have a webinar course that covers the newer features and a course that shows improved methods of doing tasks with new 2.0 features.

The big downside I see to webinar classes is that people will not get to enjoy the incredible architecture that your office includes when they go to the training center.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged