Normal Topic A couple more "newbie" questions... (Read 935 times)
Cliff

A couple more "newbie" questions...
May 25th, 2006 at 1:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
The following two problems evade this newbie

1. I have two fields that contain a two digit numerical code preceded by a zero. QA is ok with this but Sesame strips the leading zero. I tried setting the field type both to text or numeric in both QA and Sesame importing the entire data set and have also simply tried importing the data for the two fields in both numeric and text format.  Numerous property setting tweaks provide no change.

2. The next problem involves data "posted" to one of our merge documents using WordMerge Lite (please advise if I should take this elsewhere). I have a field that shows a decimal number such as "3.2" (sans quotes). We are applying no math. When the document merges the ".2" is stripped leaving only the "3". We are using Word 2000.

Again...much thanks for much help...

Cliff

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: A couple more "newbie" questions...
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2006 at 6:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Cliff wrote on May 25th, 2006 at 1:12pm:
1. I have two fields that contain a two digit numerical code preceded by a zero. QA is ok with this but Sesame strips the leading zero. I tried setting the field type both to text or numeric in both QA and Sesame importing the entire data set and have also simply tried importing the data for the two fields in both numeric and text format.  Numerous property setting tweaks provide no change.

Hello Cliff,

You are right in that you have to make your fields text if you want a leading zero. Your best course of action would be to change it to text in Q&A and then re-translate.

Or you could Change the type to Text in both Q&A and in Sesame. Then export the data from Q&A, remove the data that is in Sesame, then import the data from Q&A.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Cliff

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2006 at 8:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks again Ray...

I tried doing that already without success, however, it is possible that I missed something so I will give it another whirl at your suggestion.

Cliff

IP Logged

Cliff

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2006 at 6:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Was able to resolve this using the info you gave earlier...thanks...

IP Logged