Normal Topic Missing items on tabs (Read 1003 times)
UPaul42
Members

been a Q&A user/programmer
since version 2.0

Missing items on tabs
May 30th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have a set of databases. I have one primary form called Systems.
On this form I have one Drop Down Box called Customer.
There are three tabs, each having either a table view of related data or a form view of related data.

When looking at the application with Sesame, all looks correct. The tables are on their respective tabs.

Whe I create a new DSR from this DB, there are no tables or form view on the tabs. Theere is no data in any DB yet. There is no programming yet.

I think that this issue came up in the past, but I have not found anything with a search in this forum.

Any ideas?
Lips Sealed

&&http://www.lantica.com/images/sespro_badges/sespro3.gif&&Paul Anderson&&President&&Systems-Consulting&&89 Main Street, Broad Brook CT 06016&&(860) 627-5393&&Sales@Systems-Consulting.com
IP Logged

UPaul42
Members

been a Q&A user/programmer
since version 2.0

Re: Missing items on tabs
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2006 at 1:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
For what it's worth - I think I have tried to place Sub-Forms on Tabs. As best I can remember, this doesn't work.

Is this so?

&&http://www.lantica.com/images/sespro_badges/sespro3.gif&&Paul Anderson&&President&&Systems-Consulting&&89 Main Street, Broad Brook CT 06016&&(860) 627-5393&&Sales@Systems-Consulting.com
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2006 at 1:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
UPaul42 wrote on May 30th, 2006 at 1:00pm:
For what it's worth - I think I have tried to place Sub-Forms on Tabs. As best I can remember, this doesn't work.

Is this so?

No that is not so. You can have subforms on Tabs.

If you send me the DB and DAT files I can have a look at them this morning. The e-mail address is support@lantica.com just mark it "Attention Raymond: Files from Paul Anderson"

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2006 at 2:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Paul,

I created a DSR from your DB file here and all looks well in SDesigner. Remember that in Design mode you just see a box where the subform goes, your do not actually see the form that is the subform. So the black outlined box on your Customer Detail tab is the Customers subform. Preview Mode and Runtime will show you the actual forms.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged