Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Wishlist Suggestion for version 2.0 or 3.0 (Read 1996 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Wishlist Suggestion for version 2.0 or 3.0
Jun 16th, 2006 at 9:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Suggestion for version 2.0 or 3.0 or somewhere down the road (if this already does not exist)

I utilize the spacing tools on the position tab of the property editor box all the time. I find it to be a great feature and has become indispensable. I also seem to create a lot of Radio button group elements. I use the align bottoms and equal spacing feature to set my radio buttons, however I have to manually move the group of buttons to center them within the radio button group itself. I think a terrific addition to the position tab would be a selection that allows you to center / equal / more /less the buttons within the radio group. At the same time since I use so many tabs in my applications I would also love to see a selection on the position tab  center / more / less / equal selected elements within tab.

I hope this is somewhat clear and I realize this is an insignificant little thing in the scope of Sesame but one of the great things about Sesame is the ability to give desires for our wish list requests to the Lantica team.

Thanks for listening.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Wishlist Suggestion for version 2.0 or 3.0
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 1:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
BOBSCOTT wrote on Jun 16th, 2006 at 9:57pm:
Suggestion for version 2.0 or 3.0 or somewhere down the road (if this already does not exist)

I utilize the spacing tools on the position tab of the property editor box all the time. I find it to be a great feature and has become indispensable. I also seem to create a lot of Radio button group elements. I use the align bottoms and equal spacing feature to set my radio buttons, however I have to manually move the group of buttons to center them within the radio button group itself. I think a terrific addition to the position tab would be a selection that allows you to center / equal / more /less the buttons within the radio group. At the same time since I use so many tabs in my applications I would also love to see a selection on the position tab  center / more / less / equal selected elements within tab.

I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Quote:
I hope this is somewhat clear and I realize this is an insignificant little thing in the scope of Sesame but one of the great things about Sesame is the ability to give desires for our wish list requests to the Lantica team.

I wish more people would make suggestions for current and future versions. Going through the feature list in 2.0, about 2/3 of the new features are based on suggestions from end users. The last third either come from Lanticans, consultants, or internal changes wanted by the developers. Of course, when these suggestions are in conflict (much more common than I would've imagined) someone has to play referee. End user suggestions usually get special consideration.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 3:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
How about a "cosmetic" change that could probably be incorporated into 1.1.4 and subsequent?

The Property Editor shows, top down, Width, Height, X Position, Y Position.
The Property Viewer shows, top down, X Position, Y Position, Width, Height.

It is confusing to compare values between the windows because of the different sequence. 
It is worse when switching between forms to copy values from one from to another one.

This is also confusing when reading from a printed Properties Datasheet. 
Right now my printed data must match one or the other, sometimes it will be good, other times it will be confusing based on which window I am working with.

How about changing the order in the Viewer to match the Editor.
This will also allow consistency with printed Properties Datasheet.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2006 at 5:51pm by Bob_Hansen »  

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 3:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob_Hansen wrote on Jun 17th, 2006 at 3:29pm:
How about a "cosmetic" change that could probably be incorporated into 1.1.4 and subsequent?

The Property Editor shows, top down, X Position, Y Position, Width, Height.

Do you mean "Property Viewer" in one of the above?

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 5:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
YES, Mark, good catch. I have edited the original and now your question and this response can be deleted.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 12:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob_Hansen wrote on Jun 17th, 2006 at 3:29pm:

The Property Viewer shows, top down, X Position, Y Position, Width, Height.

How about changing the order in the Viewer to match the Editor.

I changed the order of the Property Viewer to match the order in the Property Editor in Sesame 2.0.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 12:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
BOBSCOTT wrote on Jun 16th, 2006 at 9:57pm:

I utilize the spacing tools on the position tab of the property editor box all the time. I find it to be a great feature and has become indispensable. I also seem to create a lot of Radio button group elements. I use the align bottoms and equal spacing feature to set my radio buttons, however I have to manually move the group of buttons to center them within the radio button group itself. I think a terrific addition to the position tab would be a selection that allows you to center / equal / more /less the buttons within the radio group. At the same time since I use so many tabs in my applications I would also love to see a selection on the position tab  center / more / less / equal selected elements within tab.

Thanks for listening.

Robert, I tried each of the positioning commands on a set of radio buttons within a radio button group. Each of the commands seemed to work as expected (at as I expected), with the exception of "Center on Parent" - which I have repaired in Sesame 2.0.

Could you tell me how you would like "more" or "less", for example, to work differently if operating on radio buttons in a radio button group?

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 6:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I changed the order of the Property Viewer to match the order in the Property Editor in Sesame 2.0.

Thanks Mark, I thought the cosmetic change should be easy. 

I agree with Bob Scott's requests to Center Radio Buttons within the group, and also with Centering within TabPage names.  Now need to pack with invisible spaces that need to be counted.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 8:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
As much as we enjoy using Sesame, we would love to see the following options added sometime down the road:

Ability to turn off single clicking in command tree and when importing, exporting files. (Our users have a tendancy to double click to make things happen which causes a lot of problems in Sesame.)

Ability to use custom pictures on command prompts (@promptforuserinput) and also on Command Buttons.

Scroll bar in Multi-line text boxes.

Image browser that remembers last folder opened and can be opened to full screen to enlarge image being viewed.

A more forgiving 'popup menu'. ('mis-firing' causes the menu to close.)

Ability to display a small, popup 'form' for user input that displays text and check boxes, command buttons etc. (perhaps coming in 2.0?) Currently, our users have to answer a series of questions to get a job accomplished which gets quite tedious.

I hope I'm not asking for too much. Thanks for listening....as always.

Steve

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 8:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
Steve_in_Texas wrote on Jul 10th, 2006 at 8:20pm:
As much as we enjoy using Sesame, we would love to see the following options added sometime down the road:

Ability to turn off single clicking in command tree and when importing, exporting files. (Our users have a tendancy to double click to make things happen which causes a lot of problems in Sesame.)

This one I am not sure about. Mark or Erika will have to comment on this one.

Quote:
Ability to use custom pictures on command prompts (@promptforuserinput) and also on Command Buttons.

You will have the ability to use an image as a label for an element. I don't believe you will be able to use an image in @PromptForUserInput() but you can make a form as a dialog box(More on that later).

Quote:
Scroll bar in Multi-line text boxes.

Already on the list of future 2.0 enhancements. But the F6 editor window will have scrollbars in 2.0. Both Vertical and Horizontal if needed.

Quote:
Image browser that remembers last folder opened.

I'm not sure the feasibility of this one as all images have to be stored as a relative path from the image path as set in the Application Property manager.

Quote:
A more forgiving 'popup menu'. ('mis-firing' causes the menu to close.)

I believe this is in 2.0 already PopupChoiceList() I believe is a little more forgiving plus it has scrollbars.

Quote:
Ability to display a small, popup 'form' for user input that displays text and check boxes, command buttons etc. (perhaps coming in 2.0?) Currently, our users have to answer a series of questions to get a job accomplished which gets quite tedious.

Already in 2.0. @FormAsDialog(). Allows the programmer to use a form as a popup dialog box returning the form values as a StringArray. There are also commands that let you build an entire form in code and display it but it does not support check boxes, at this time. It supports combo boxes, standard text boxes, right aligned text boxes and multiline elements.

Quote:
I hope I'm not asking for too much. Thanks for listening....as always.

Steve

You are welcome.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 9:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sounds exciting. Thanks Ray!

Steve

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 1:04am
Print Post Print Post  
It would be nice to temporarily be able to disable security while in Desinger and preview mode. 

Once Security is activated it gets real tediious to have to keep signing in when testing changes, reports, etc.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 10:41am
Print Post Print Post  
Bob_Hansen wrote on Jul 11th, 2006 at 1:04am:
It would be nice to temporarily be able to disable security while in Desinger and preview mode. 

Once Security is activated it gets real tediious to have to keep signing in when testing changes, reports, etc.

2.0 has this feature.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 12:35am
Print Post Print Post  
U R 2 good Grin