Normal Topic Changing Name of Static tabset (Read 882 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Changing Name of Static tabset
Jun 17th, 2006 at 6:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Somehow, I was able to assign a name to my group of Tabs.  The naming was actually a renaming that I did not catch.  I am sure I thought I was on one element when I assigned a name, but did not see that it went to the Tabset Group instead.

But I am unable to find a way to change the name that I really want to use for another element.
I need to make the same "mistake", but this time to do it intentionally.
I am able to go to each of the tabs and change the labels, but I want to change the name of the TabGroup Element itself.

Adding another tab group and moving items from old tabs to new tabs is not an option, have five full page tabs with over 200 elements that have been precisely positioned.

What is the secret step to take?

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Re: Changing Name of Static tabset
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 6:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Never mind, I found it myself Embarrassed

I just selected the TabGroup.
The Viewer noted that no element was selected, and thus no name to be seen.
I went to the Name field in the Editor, pressed F5 and the name did not come up.
So, I entered the name I wanted anyway, clicked on the arrow to assign it.
Printed out my element names, and it was changed.

So, this is just a note that the Property Viewer is not properly showing that an element has been selected, specifically the Static Tabset element type.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 1:25am
Print Post Print Post  
Bob_Hansen wrote on Jun 17th, 2006 at 6:21pm:
So, this is just a note that the Property Viewer is not properly showing that an element has been selected, specifically the Static Tabset element type.

Just from a casual look at it, it looks like the property viewer has the correct element - the tab page selected. I think it is the F5 command that is in error (even if it is a convenient error in this case).

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 2:04am
Print Post Print Post  
When a Tab Page is selected, the Name info does show.
But there seems to be no way to select the whole Tabset element to see names.

Element Type values come out differently for the Pages and the Group elements.
The group of tabs is identified as Field Type Static Tabset.
Each Tab Page in the Tabset is identified as Field Type Static Group.
I am thinking that the Viewer is not picking up the Tabset, the Group seems to appear OK.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 2:28am
Print Post Print Post  
Bob_Hansen wrote on Jun 18th, 2006 at 2:04am:
When a Tab Page is selected, the Name info does show.
But there seems to be no way to select the whole Tabset element to see names.

agreed.
Quote:
Element Type values come out differently for the Pages and the Group elements.

Where are you seeing element type values in the viewer?
Quote:
The group of tabs is identified as Field Type Static Tabset.

What is a "group of tabs" - do you mean the tabset itself?
Quote:
Each Tab Page in the Tabset is identified as Field Type Static Group.

Field type for a tab page is in internal marker and not a legit data source. There is no field - hence the "static".
Quote:
I am thinking that the Viewer is not picking up the Tabset, the Group seems to appear OK.

Isn't the group and the tabset the same thing. I see two elements involved: the tabset and the tab page. I believe that the element viewer is correctly picking up the values for the tab page. I do not see it demonstrating values for the tabset at all. I do see that the F5 key is picking up the LE name of the tabset. This makes sense in that the tabset LE is barely usable in SBasic as a whole. I believe that it may be usable for positioning and sizing, but I suspect that most SBasic commands will produce unpredictable results if addressing the tabset.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2006 at 3:20am
Print Post Print Post  
The terms I am using are not in the Viewer.

I am running through an array list of elements and getting the Element Type numbers that correspond to the chart on Programming Guide, page 116.
The "Static Tabset" is coming back as 1017.
The "Static Group" is coming back as 1016.

The list of elements is showing an element at the beginning because my "group of Tabs" is first element on the canvas.  Then I get a separate element listed for each of the Tabs on this "GroupElement".

If I have a blank page with just one TabGroup, with three Tab Pages, then I get a list of four elements on the form: The 1017 Static Tabset, and three 1016 Static Group elements.  I also find the terminology confusing. but the Static Groups seem to be children of the Static Tabset.

To get the Element List, I am using code that is a modification of Tom Marcellus article in Inside Sesame, from a few years ago.  I don't recall the specific issue.

Here is an excerpt of the HTML being generated, using WriteLn: Quote:
1010;Static Image
<tr><td width='250'><b>imgLogo</b><br><font color='gray'></font></td><td width='150'>Static Image</td>
1014;Static Push Button
<tr><td width='250'><b>cmdMenuTree</b><br><font color='gray'>@<<</font></td><td width='150'>Static Push Button</td>
1004;Combo Box
<tr><td width='250'><b>RecordType</b><br><font color='gray'>Record Type</font></td><td width='150'>Combo Box</td>
1000;Single Line Text
<tr><td width='250'><b>LastName</b><br><font color='gray'>Last Name</font></td><td width='150'>Single Line Text</td>
1017;Static Tabset
<tr><td width='250'><b>LE0</b><br><font color='gray'></font></td><td width='150'>Static Tabset</td>
1016;Static Group
<tr><td width='250'><b>TabPage0</b><br><font color='gray'>  Occupation  </font></td><td width='150'>Static Group</td>
1005;Radio Button Group
<tr><td width='250'><b>CurrentData</b><br><font color='gray'>Current Data</font></td><td width='150'>Radio Button Group</td>
1011;Static Radio Button
<tr><td width='250'><b>rbQ&A</b><br><font color='gray'>Q&&A</font></td><td width='150'>Static Radio Button</td>
1011;Static Radio Button
<tr><td width='250'><b>rbSesame</b><br><font color='gray'>Sesame</font></td><td width='150'>Static Radio Button</td>
1000;Single Line Text
<tr><td width='250'><b>Address1</b><br><font color='gray'>Address</font></td><td width='150'>Single Line Text</td>
1000;Single Line Text
<tr><td width='250'><b>Phone</b><br><font color='gray'>Phone </font></td><td width='150'>Single Line Text</td>
1007;Check Box
<tr><td width='250'><b>CPE</b><br><font color='gray'>CPE</font></td><td width='150'>Check Box</td>
1007;Check Box
<tr><td width='250'><b>Member</b><br><font color='gray'>Member</font></td><td width='150'>Check Box</td>
1002;Multiline Text
<tr><td width='250'><b>Comments</b><br><font color='gray'>Comments </font></td><td width='150'>Multiline Text</td>
1016;Static Group
<tr><td width='250'><b>TabPage</b><br><font color='gray'>  Membership / CPE History</font></td><td width='150'>Static Group</td>
1009;Static Text
<tr><td width='250'><b>LE3</b><br><font color='gray'>Membership History</font></td><td width='150'>Static Text</td>
1009;Static Text
<tr><td width='250'><b>LE4</b><br><font color='gray'>CPE History</font></td><td width='150'>Static Text</td>

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged