Normal Topic @calendar location (Read 586 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

@calendar location
Jul 3rd, 2006 at 7:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
I can not seem to find any documentation on controlling @calendar location.

Is there a Command I am forgetting about or procedure to control placement of were the @calendar pops up. Something like the popupselectposition( ) command?

Thanks,

Robert

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: @calendar location
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 9:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
BOBSCOTT wrote on Jul 3rd, 2006 at 7:57pm:
I can not seem to find any documentation on controlling @calendar location.

Is there a Command I am forgetting about or procedure to control placement of were the @calendar pops up. Something like the popupselectposition( ) command?

Thanks,

Robert

By convention (and standard), fully qualified windows - those with a title, border and decorations, are placed by the user's window manager using the settings requested by the user. So, no (sorry), we don't have a command for that.

We are not entirely consistent with that convention in that we do place the initial window. This isn't a big problem on MS where the user is only allowed two options for window placement. But on X11, there are dozens of user defined options that would be overridden by application forced placement. I often use "place by mouse position", that attaches the window to my mouse pointer until I click the left button - allowing me to place my windows as they appear.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 9:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Would the ability to have the Calendar embedded on the form (instead of in a popup) do?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 12:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Could you put a really small command button that popped up the calandar close to where you wanted the popup?? Mine would popup when entering a element, and cover up things so I placed a small command button to pop it up and that moved it where I needed it to be.

IP Logged