Normal Topic Checkmarks are invisible (Read 840 times)
obfusc88

No personal text

Checkmarks are invisible
Jul 7th, 2006 at 7:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
We just noticed that the checkmarks in boxes do not show up until we move the mouse over the box.  We are expecting to always see the check mark when we go from record to record.   How can this be fixed?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Checkmarks are invisible
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 8:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello obfusc88,

Do you see this behavior in the sample Customers application as well when you move from record to record?
Are you using programming to set the value of the check box? You may need to call ForceRedraw() in order to redraw the record after you change the value.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 8:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Not using any programming to set the checkboxes.  We have four category boxes and one or more can be checked.  Things do happen based on which boxes are checked and  ForceRedraw() is already in section for When Field Changes.

But this is happening without making any changes.  if we select 100 records and then press F10 to step through records, no checkmarks are showing.  these are at top of form above a tabPage section, so we can see this right away.  If Istop on a record, all boxes look blank.  But if MOVE mouse over each box, no need to click the mouse, then the check mark will be visible and stay visible as I move over the other boxes.  Let's say that two boxes now show the checkmarks and I go to next record, those boxes will still be "blank" until i move the mouse over them.  If I press F9 to go back to  previous record that I made checks visible, they are invisible again.  I don't mean the boxes oare invisible, I mean the view is like four "raised" boxes until the mouse moves  over them.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 8:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Do you see this behavior in the sample Customers application as well when you move from record to record?

-Ray

ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 8:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Also what box style are the check boxes set to?

-Ray

ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 9:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sorry I forgot to do that.  i opened up Customers and only see one check box near bottom of form.  the first records showed a dhcekmark.  I went to last records and say raised blank boxes.  when i move the mouse over the box it changed from  raised blank to "empty"/NO recessed box.  I am seeing the same thing on other records.  But when I go back  those records are staying NO or YES vs. "blank" like I am seeing in my records.

And when I look at Property Viewer for my DB the check boxes are all "Flat Box" styles

IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Reply #6 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 9:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
And now I can see that if I click anywhere on the form instead of moving the mouse that the checkbox looks normal until i go to the next record and this repeats.

IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 10:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
I think that I have it fixed.  I think that it had to do with redrawing the screen. And i changed to boxes to NoBox insted of flat box.   I am using invisible Tab Pages from earlier forum positng a few weeks ago and had lots of things happening when form opens.  I had some subroutines maed to change tabpage visibility based on the category checkboxes.  So i found manyh redraws and mad sure that redraw was the last thing that happened after loading the form and after the boxes changed programming.  It looks everything might be good now.  It is good to have your help here for ideas.  thank you for my dumb question.

IP Logged