Normal Topic Navigation (Read 716 times)
NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Navigation
Aug 20th, 2006 at 3:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Now that Erika has me straightened out on Forms v DBs:

I have a separate database displayed as as a table view on a tab of my main form. I can click on the tab and enter information in the first field, no problem -- all works as expected.

What I would like to do is, as part of an existing command button on the main form, GoTo that field without having to select the tab and selecting the field. 

The above would be in lieu of a popup message box reminding people to select the tab and enter the required information. I could autofill most of it, and more importantly, ensure that they get to where they need to be.

Thanks

IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Re: Navigation
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2006 at 5:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
I know what I am asking for is essentially going from one database to another - just wondering if anyone figured out a way to pull this off.

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2006 at 5:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
The only way I have been able to accomplish that, was to call a macro with @Macro().

In my case, the macro simply contains one click on the table-view subform (in the blank box above the line number, and to the left of the column header names). But, it sounds like your macro will need to first click on the tab that the subform is on first, then click on the subform.

Code
Select All
if Category = "Multi"
	{
	@Macro("Data\Click on Transactions Subform.mac")
	} 

BTW...
Attempting to use ThrowFocus(TransactionsSubform) only results in a compile error when opening the form, even though selecting "Test Program" showed no errors in the Program Editor.

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2006 at 6:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you Carl, I just knew someone out there had done it, or something like it. At least now I have a starting point. Thanks for the heads-up on ThrowFocus, since I had considered playing with that as well.

Regards,
Fred

P.S. Wouldn't it be great if TabPages were available to OnEntry programming?? Maybe in 4.0???

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2006 at 12:08am
Print Post Print Post  
NICEBERG wrote on Aug 20th, 2006 at 6:28pm:
P.S. Wouldn't it be great if TabPages were available to OnEntry programming?? Maybe in 4.0???

2.0 adds Hide and Reveal events which can tell when you change tab pages. It also includes the ability to switch to a particular tab page in code.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged