Normal Topic Different behavior of forward button and menu item (Read 655 times)
carsten

Carpe Diem

Different behavior of forward button and menu item
Aug 23rd, 2006 at 12:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am using a button for record forward and record back for user convenience. These button run on element entry a simple SelectTreeItem. However, they perform differently to the button on the menue bar. Whilst the buttons on the menue bar do not change anything in the record, my buttons seem to do so.
There is quite some programming in the "on form entry" section, but why does this behave differently?

Carsten

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Different behavior of forward button and menu
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 2:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Carsten,

Could you send your DB and DAT files in to Support@Lantica.com along with some steps on how to reproduce the problem you are seeing? Make sure the steps point out the difference between the two. Be sure in the E-mail to note the Username and Password if the application has security.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 6:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Ray,

I send you the files as requested.

I have looked deeper into the matter since and it appears that Sesame interprets pressing a command button as a form change!? Which would trigger my "on form change" programming and thus alter the record.
The problem does not appear if I press the tree items I call in the programm manually.

Carsten

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 8:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Carsten,

The command button is not what is firing the form change event. In your Application when you first arive at the newly created record the On Form Change event fires. It does not matter if you arrive at the new record by using your next button or by hitting F10. So somewhere in your code a value is being changed in that newly created record.

The difference you are seeing between your command button and the buttons up top is that your command button when you click on it, causes the On Element Exit of the "Reise NR:" element to fire. Clicking on the buttons up top does not fire the On Element Exit of the element on your form cause you did not move to a new element on the form.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 11:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Ray,

yep, you are absolutely right!! Sorry for bothering you, should have found it myself!
Your help is very much apreciated.

Thanks
Carsten

IP Logged