Normal Topic Totals in Header (Read 418 times)
obfusc88

No personal text

Totals in Header
Sep 12th, 2006 at 8:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have a report that has subcount at end of Group1.  But I wanted to show that subcount in the Group Header.  I need to cound all the records where elementA = "abc" and elementB < $100.  The group breaks at "abc" like I need, so all records with elementA = "abc" is in the group, so I am trying to count how many in that group are less then $100.  I will then use that in the Header to calculate other values like percentage.

I was looking through forum to see if already done, and these both look like they might have the answer.
Web page 1: http://www.lantica.com/Forum3/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1102091879/1#1
Web page2: http://www.lantica.com/Forum3/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1096908138/7#7
But both of these pages have references to some old bad links that need to be corrected.  I think the answer might be on one of those bad links.

Or is it easier to be done with string arrays somehow?  Can I put some type of porgram in Group Header that does something like "Count all records from the record set for the report where ElementA = "abc" and ElementB < 100 ?  I cannot find a function to retrieve records into a string array that meet some conditions.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Totals in Header
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 9:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello obfusc88,

What you are looking at doing is a Multi-Pass Report, also called a Multiple View Report. The First View is invisible. It's job is to get Totals and store them in Static Variables for the Second View to use. The Second view would look like your report now but it would grab the Totals from the first view. Pages 381-382 of the Sesame 1.1 User Guide cover how to add additional views to the same report.

Those links point to sample files of how to accomplish a Totals Only report in a version of Sesame prior to 1.1.0. The methods used in them are no longer necessary since the addition of multiple Group Headers and Footers in version 1.1.0.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged