Normal Topic Importing programming (Read 582 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Importing programming
Oct 20th, 2006 at 2:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
To import programming from a .pgm file, does the entire program need to be imported or can pieces for specific elements be imported?

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: Importing programming
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 3:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
When you import the .pgm file into Program Editor, only the sections of the programming that match element names in your form will be imported.  However, Sesame does try to import all programming in the .pgm file.

-Ben

IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Re: Importing programming
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 4:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you, I think that answers my question.  But just to be clear, here's my scenario:

I like to do my editing in an application called EditPad.  It allows me to Find&Replace, wrap lines, use scroll bars,  and other things the Sesame Program Editor does not have.  Usually I work on the entire exported .pgm even though I may be only editing a single element's programming.  Then I import the whole thing into Sesame and check it with the Program Editor.

Some of my work would be made easier if I could just edit, say, the Global Code alone, without the programming for every other element  (for example, mass replacements would be possible).  Then I'd save the file as "GCode.pgm" or something, and import it alone.  But I haven't tried this yet because I wasn't sure if doing so would mess up all the other elements, or blank them out or something.

In any case, I think I'll give it a try.  If it does erase all my other code I'll go to a backup.

Thanks for your help, Ben.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged