Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Report not printing from Explorer (Read 3007 times)
Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Report not printing from Explorer
Reply #15 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 1:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
NICEBERG wrote on Oct 25th, 2006 at 2:30pm:
Good morning Ray,

I am able to view the report in Print Preview - there are 15 pages since I am unable to see the images. There are "placeholders" for the images. I'm still trying to figure out how to view the images. Must be some browser setting that I'm missing.

Did you do anything special to generate that report? Using the copies of the files that I sent to you I am still experiencing the original problem.

Fred

Hello Fred,

I did nothing special to the database to generate that report. Only change I made on my system was change it so that Internet Explorer was my default browser.

Could you generate the report with the 30 records on your end and send it to me so I can compare the two and see if there is a difference.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Reply #16 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 8:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
The report is on its way - 14:50 CDT Thursday.

Fred

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #17 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 9:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Fred,

The problem is that your normal images and widths are too big for the Print margins that are set. The one computer I was working on, the one where the report worked fine, had the margins set at .25 all around. I switched it over to another computer, one that had the margins set at .75 all around, and it did not work. I changed the margins from .75 to .25 and the Preview worked fine.

By inserting blank place holder images, you were able to get the preview window, as the math for each page had shifted. Tomorrow I will have a look at the design of the report and see if I can change it, so that you do not have to have blank place holder images or change your margins.

-Ray

ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Reply #18 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 8:06am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Ray,

One Step I did after sending you the files was to reduce the size of my two largest images. They were something like 181K, and I reduced to about 50-60K. This resulted in being able to view all the records in Print Preview until I got to the first record that did not have an image aassociated with it. At that point the browser hung up with the Program Not Responding message.

Good hunting!

Fred

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #19 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 4:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Fred,

It was just by coincidence that it seemed to hang on the page that had the first record that had no image associated with it, It's just how the math worked out. I just sent you back a version of your DSR file that has a modified Report Design. Save it down to your computer and let me know how it works for you.

-Ray

ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Reply #20 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 7:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hey - SUPER job Ray!!! So I guess the basic problem is I gotta learn how to design reports, huh? Lips Sealed
Our guys will appreciate the fact that they now only get 17 sheets of paper for 30 tasks versus 30 sheets. Takes a little getting used to seeing the reports in this format, but it's grown on me very quickly.

I can't thank you enough for all the time and effort that you put into this. It means so much to us!!!

Thanks again - take an extra break - you deserve it.

Until "next" time! Wink
Fred

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print