Normal Topic Sub Totals in Report not accurate (Read 554 times)
wildwood

No personal text

Sub Totals in Report not accurate
Oct 27th, 2006 at 1:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
I posted the following problem last year, and don't believe I ever got a solution reply:

I have a payroll application which calculates all federal, state, city, medicare, FICA, IRA deductions for each employee. The deductions are exact to the penny as is the net salary after the deductions are subtracted from the gross. However, when I run a report the subtotals in some of the deductions  for SOME of the employees is off by a few cents as it is in the grand totals of the report. Is there a rounding off programming in the REPORT I am missing somewheres?? It seems to only request a sum of the elements in their "unrounded" format.

Gross                FICA (Gross x .0620)
$833.00            $51.646 = $51.65
$883.00            $54.746 = $54.75
$2,220.00         $137.640 = $137.64

$3,936.00         $244.032 = $244.03 in the report sub totals but if you add up the rounded values it comes to $244.04

Peter

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Sub Totals in Report not accurate
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 4:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
wildwood wrote on Oct 27th, 2006 at 1:51pm:
It seems to only request a sum of the elements in their "unrounded" format.

Peter

Hello Peter,

The built in Summary Calculation elements are built to work on the raw un-rounded values of the fields that are being displayed. If you want to subtotal the rounded values what you can do is hide the element that holds the raw value, make it invisible. Add an unbound value box that it's formatted as Money. In Programming set that new unbound Value box to be the Rounded Value of the Original now invisible Value Box. Then have your Summary Calculation element sum the Programmed Value box rather than the Original Value Box.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged