Normal Topic Beginner: Default directory for data files? (Read 535 times)
charliebrown
Members

Beware...novice at large

Beginner: Default directory for data files?
Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Undecided
Is it possible to change or designate a different default directory for Sesame's data and design files?  We have just purchased Sesame and my coworker and I are "piloting" the program for a couple of months before our tech. services dept. takes a look to see if it's a viable replacement for Q&A (which has been running on our server for well over 15 years).
Currently we have it installed on both of our desktop computers and taking turns translating, redesigning, etc...we have all of our documents and office files on a shared hard drive and it would be so much easier to have Sesame point to that drive rather than email the files back and forth.

Thank you all...I'm searching the forum and learning alot now that we've purchased Sesame.

Charlie

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: Beginner: Default directory for data files?
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Charlie,

You can modify what directories Sesame will allow you to save to by changing the "rootdirs.ini" file.
This file is located in your C:\Sesame directory, and can be opened in Notepad.
To add a new directory, you will need to type the path to the directory into the document

Example:
Code
Select All
E:\Files
Data\
Data\Samples
[DRIVES] 

After you have made your changes to the rootdirs.ini document save and exit Notepad.

The next time you start Sesame, you will notice that you now have access to your new directory.

* Be sure to close Sesame before modifying the rootdirs.ini file

IP Logged

charliebrown
Members

Beware...novice at large

Re: Beginner: Default directory for data files?
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2006 at 11:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Hello Charlie,

You can modify what directories Sesame will allow you to save to by changing the "rootdirs.ini" file.
This file is located in your C:\Sesame directory, and can be opened in Notepad.
To add a new directory, you will need to type the path to the directory into the document

Example:
Code
Select All
E:\Files
Data\
Data\Samples
[DRIVES] 

After you have made your changes to the rootdirs.ini document save and exit Notepad.

The next time you start Sesame, you will notice that you now have access to your new directory.

* Be sure to close Sesame before modifying the rootdirs.ini file

Of course...the infamous .ini files!  *slaps forehead*...as you might imagine, my forehead is flatter than most  Wink

Thanks for the quick reply...I am doing searches through old forum messages before asking questions-honest!

IP Logged