Normal Topic A couple of quick Report questions (Read 518 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

A couple of quick Report questions
Jan 24th, 2007 at 5:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
1) Is there a way to make the available reports sort in a different order than the default (alphabetical by first character)?

2) If not, what's the best way to preface my report names in order to get the sort I want?  Many of my Q&A named reports begin with a number or a special character, such as *, so that they were available on the top reports screen in Q&A.  Now those are illegal, but I'd still like these reports at the top of the list.  Are there any legal special characters which will sort before alphabetical?

3) Please help me understand how attached Retrieve Specs work.  It is my understanding that you first must do a search before any of the Reports are available.  At that point, the attached retrieve spec of the report will override the retrieve you've just done.  Is that correct, or am I misunderstanding the process?

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: A couple of quick Report questions
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2007 at 8:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
1) Is there a way to make the available reports sort in a different order than the default (alphabetical by first character)?

No, there is no way to change the order that the list of reports is sorted in.

Quote:
2) If not, what's the best way to preface my report names in order to get the sort I want?  Many of my Q&A named reports begin with a number or a special character, such as *, so that they were available on the top reports screen in Q&A.  Now those are illegal, but I'd still like these reports at the top of the list.  Are there any legal special characters which will sort before alphabetical?

You can use a period before your report name.

Quote:
3) Please help me understand how attached Retrieve Specs work.  It is my understanding that you first must do a search before any of the Reports are available.  At that point, the attached retrieve spec of the report will override the retrieve you've just done.  Is that correct, or am I misunderstanding the process?

Yes, your understanding of the process is correct.

IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Re: A couple of quick Report questions
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2007 at 8:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you, Ben.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged