Normal Topic Command Button and Focus (Read 542 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Command Button and Focus
Apr 20th, 2007 at 1:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
Command Button code is not activated unless it is pressed. While navigating, the cursor lands into the command button if it is on the way. I believe the best way would be the cursor does not go to command button unless it is activated or press by mouse. Why should cursor go in there if cannot be activated unless mouse button is pressed?  Huh

I like to put various command buttons by the text elements to get instant reports related to that element. Say by the BP element, if I press the command button it will display last 10 blood pressure readings. The problem I am facing is, while navigating the cursor lands on those buttons and takes takes extra key strokes when I do not want to look at those reports.

Thinking about putting those command buttons towards the end in the navigation order setup but is there any better way?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Command Button and Focus
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 2:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Bharat,

In 1.1.4 when a command button has focus both the Enter key and the Space Bar will activate it and fire the on Element Entry event, The same as if you had clicked on that element.

Putting them at the end of the navigation order will allow you to tab through your elements the way that you wish to.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 2:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Ray, I guess command button activation by <Enter> and <Space> key is for the mouse-averse folks.

IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 4:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
I put my command buttons on a tab (hidden by matching the color of the parent and using "flat" style, with a box on top of the little label tab itself, so the tab itself blends into the background but the buttons stand out).

Careful positioning can make all elements on that tab come up as the last items to be selected by tabbing through the form, without having to specify a navigation order.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged