Normal Topic report folder (Read 404 times)
pineberry

No personal text

report folder
May 3rd, 2007 at 2:43am
Print Post Print Post  
I'm traveling and using a laptop that wasn't set up to put reports into the report folder. I don't have the manuals with me and can't remember the proper method to do this. Please give me the proper instructions.

Thanks, Harley

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: report folder
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2007 at 7:05am
Print Post Print Post  
Set the SESAME_REPORT_PATH environment variable.

Example:
SESAME_REPORT_PATH=C:\Sesame\Reports
=================================

Setting the vaviable:
For Windows XP and Windows 2000
1. Exit Sesame if it is running.
2. Create the folder on your computer (if it doesn’t already exist) where you want to store your Report Writer output files. For example, C:\Sesame\Reports.
3. From your Windows XP or Windows 2000 desktop, click Start / Control Panel.
4. In Control Panel, double-click on the System icon to display the System Properties dialog. (See Figure 1 for Windows XP; Figure 1a for Windows 2000.)
5. Click on the Advanced tab.
6. Click on the Environment Variables button to display the Environment Variables dialog.
7. Under System Variables, click on the New button to display the New System Variable dialog.
8. In the Variable name field, type SESAME_REPORT_PATH
9. In the Variable value field, type the full path to the folder where you want Sesame to create your report files.
10. Double-check that you typed the variable name and value correctly, then click OK to save your new environment variable.
11. Click OK twice more to return to Control Panel, then close Control Panel.

Your SESAME_REPORT_PATH environment variable has been set. You do not need to restart your computer.

For Windows 98
1. Exit Sesame if it is running.
2. Create the folder on your computer (if it doesn’t already exist) where you want to store your Report Writer output files. For example, c:\sesame\reports.
3. In Windows Explorer or My Computer, locate your autoexec.bat file. This file is normally stored in the C: folder. Right-click on the file and select Edit from the submenu. This should display the file in Notepad.
4. Move to the end of the file and, on the first available empty line, type the following:
SET SESAME_REPORT_PATH=C:\SESAME\REPORTS
5. Replace C:\SESAME\REPORTS with the full path to the folder where you want your Report Writer output files stored. Otherwise, the line must be typed exactly as shown. Do not use quotation marks.
6. Save the file.
7. Close any open programs, then restart your computer for the change to take effect.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

pineberry

No personal text

Re: report folder
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2007 at 1:25pm
Print Post Print Post