Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Design Tips and Sbasic Code Library won't open.. (Read 3719 times)
Gringamuyloca

Life is short... fix it!

Design Tips and Sbasic Code Library won't open..
May 25th, 2007 at 6:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
The error message states that these were created with a trial program that has expired and to go to Lantica.com for a full version to reactivate... Is this because the version I'm using is the trial?

Is there a way to preview them? I'm having a hard time understanding the "basics" and I am looking for help anywhere I can find it... but I don't want to purchase the program only to find out the DB's aren't what I thought and still not be able to use the program.

I have tried googling, but when you don't know what it is your looking for it can be kinda hard to find!

Any help for this newbie greatly apprciated!

Gringamuyloca

&&&&&&Note: Personal text is a quote from a man interviewed on CNN regarding the "Life is short, Get a divorce' billboard.

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Re: Design Tips and Sbasic Code Library won't open
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2007 at 7:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes it is, I can tell you that what you're wanting to do I have already done in Sesame, you can start out as simple as you need, and get as complicated as you want to, that's one of the great things about Sesame as your knowledge of Sesame grows so will the complexity of your program, you won't regret the cost of Sesame. Some screenshots of my program are on my web site listed below.  Wink

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2007 at 2:46am
Print Post Print Post  
I see your evaluating Sesame, maybe a good idea to ask for a live demonstration of Sesame, if you decide to get it, the application I sent you will jump start you, in two weeks I had a basic application, it has progressed to a very advanced application as my knowledge of the program increased, also everybody on this forum is very helpful. My questions have usually been answered in hours, I have asked for tech support at other companies, l'm still waiting on a response from them, that don't happen here  Smiley

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2007 at 3:06am
Print Post Print Post  
Gringamuyloca wrote on May 25th, 2007 at 6:27pm:
The error message states that these were created with a trial program that has expired and to go to Lantica.com for a full version to reactivate... Is this because the version I'm using is the trial?

Is there a way to preview them? I'm having a hard time understanding the "basics" and I am looking for help anywhere I can find it... but I don't want to purchase the program only to find out the DB's aren't what I thought and still not be able to use the program.

I have tried googling, but when you don't know what it is your looking for it can be kinda hard to find!

Any help for this newbie greatly apprciated!

Gringamuyloca

When using the trial version, any application file that you alter will expire 30 days after that date. To get around this with the example applications, you can redownload the examples (they're free). That will give you another 30 days with those examples.

If you have any specific questions you can ask them here, or call tech support (also free). All of the Sesame developers read this forum daily, and we do our best to help people out. The tech support people also read the forum and work down the hall from us. Additionally many of our users are very well acquainted with the program and are also here daily. You can also sign up for a free live demo of Sesame online. There, you will be on the phone with a Lantican (usually our fearless leader Bill Halpern), as you watch them demonstrate various aspects of Sesame - live, using go-to-meeting (as easy as going to web page in your browser).

You can also come to the Sesame User's Conference and meet and greet both experts and beginners, and meet face to face with the Lanticans, watch presentations, and lots of Q&A (both the program and questions and answer sessions).

There are also quite a few resources at http://www.lantica.com/Support/sesame_library.html.

Whatever you do, don't bang your head against a problem. There are lots of people willing and ready to help, and we look forward to your questions.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Gringamuyloca

Life is short... fix it!

Reply #4 - May 26th, 2007 at 5:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if I am understanding your reply correctly... I've only had the trial version for 4 or so days, but it will not let me open either db, and I downloaded the files yesterday. Have I misunderstood you?
    I have gone ahead and purchased the program, can I download the 'real' program and just have the manual sent to me?

Looking forward to learning more!

Thanks
Gringamuyloca.

&&&&&&Note: Personal text is a quote from a man interviewed on CNN regarding the "Life is short, Get a divorce' billboard.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2007 at 1:46am
Print Post Print Post  
Gringamuyloca wrote on May 26th, 2007 at 5:29pm:
Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if I am understanding your reply correctly... I've only had the trial version for 4 or so days, but it will not let me open either db, and I downloaded the files yesterday. Have I misunderstood you?
     I have gone ahead and purchased the program, can I download the 'real' program and just have the manual sent to me?

Looking forward to learning more!

Thanks
Gringamuyloca.

It sounds like we have a problem at our end, if one of the downloadable sample applications isn't usable in the trial version initially. Please tell me (or tech support) which files this applies to and we'll take care of it. Sorry about that.

Yes, if contact customer support by telephone and they confirm your order you can just go ahead and download the version you purchased (at least I believe you can). I am a just lowly software designer, I really don't have much to do with the business side of Lantica. But if you call Jay at the customer support number (800) 410-6315, I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

IP Logged

Gringamuyloca

Life is short... fix it!

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2007 at 4:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Good Morning Mark,

Thanks for your response... I'll call Customer Service on Tuesday, being Memorial Day weekend and all.

I tried downloading a couple more of the sample databases with the same results:

I save the .zip file to my desk top, open Explorer and create a new folder in

C:Sesame/Data/Samples/Hangman, for example.
I then extract the .zip folder on my desktop to the newly created folder using MimarSinan.

It doesn't matter whether I try to open it as a .db or .dsr, I keep receiving the error message.

Possibly I am doing something wrong??

Thanks again for your time!

Tamara

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2007 at 4:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
No. You're not doing anything wrong. It looks like some (maybe all) of the samples didn't get reset for use in the trial version. I just downloaded and tried HomeInv.db in the trial version and got the same result.

Again, I'm very sorry. We'll get the reset version of the sample application up on the site soon.

IP Logged

Gringamuyloca

Life is short... fix it!

Reply #8 - May 27th, 2007 at 4:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Gee... don't be sorry... I'm so happy to know it's not ME! Grin Grin and it sounds likes it's fixable, so it's not too big a worry for you! Wink
Get out and enjoy your weekend! Cool
Tamara

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #9 - May 30th, 2007 at 3:43am
Print Post Print Post  
Gringamuyloca

Just checking to see how you are doing.

Welcome to the forum  Smiley

[quote author=The Cow link=1180117651/0#5 date=1180230394 I am a just lowly software designer [/quote]
Mark, You are the Topps as far as we all here are concerned

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Foster
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 30th, 2007 at 6:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob,
You beat me to it!  I was just going to say something similar about Mark.  He's no "lowly software designer"

IP Logged