Normal Topic LoadSort Specs (Read 565 times)
drastixnz

A Newbie....

LoadSort Specs
Aug 15th, 2007 at 11:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
ARRRRGGGG!!!! How do i do them.

I have a subform that is in a table view, I am wanting to change that view buy clicking on a button or selecting an option, for example I have one LE that is titled "QS" in the subform, within the le there is the following data "dracevich,paul", "evans,dave" I am wanting to select any name and then a "resort" will happen and the rest of the names will be flitered out and only the one i want will show.

Help Please.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: LoadSort Specs
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 2:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

A sort spec only sorts the records in a particular order, It does not filter out records nor hide them.

To do what you are talking about doing you will need to use a Relational subform. The Key element in the Subform will be a unique identifier that links it to the parent record and then the QS data. So let's say that the Unique identifier is Customer Number your key value would be

Child Key = Customer Number + "|" + QS
ex.
Child Key = 54326|evans,dave

The Pipe '|' is just to separate the field values.

Then on the parent form you would also have the Customer Number stored in a field, And you would also have a key field. The Key field would be set to the following initially

Parent Key = Customer Number + "|.."
Ex.
Parent Key = 54326|..

This would retrieve all the records for that customer Number. Then to filter it you would set the key field to be

Parent Key = Customer Number + "|.." + FilteredName + ".."
Ex.
Parent Key = 54326|..dave..

Where FilteredName is a name of an element or variable that holds the name of the person you want to filter by.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

drastixnz

A Newbie....

Re: LoadSort Specs
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2007 at 9:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you so much ray that worked a treat.

Now i need to work out how i change the subform key record, as i have a few filters that I need to select.

IP Logged