Normal Topic [Solved] Printing weirdness (Read 399 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

[Solved] Printing weirdness
Sep 4th, 2007 at 7:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Two of my users have been creating and printing Workorders today, and something odd is happening.  Say user #1 prints a Workorder:  it comes out clean and sweet.  But then, when User #2 prints her Workorder, the formatting on the first page (our Workorders are 2-page forms) is mucked up, with some strings appearing larger than they should be and out of alignment.  The second page prints fine.  Both users are printing to the same printer, an Epson LQ-590 Dot Matrix, which is selected as an Alternate Default Printer.  Turning the printer on and off clears it, and the next form after that comes out fine, but doing this for every printout will be impractical, of course.

The button I've created for printing these forms fires off a subroutine containing 2 Newpage/Finishpage routines, one for the first page and one for the second.  (I'd post the code but it's immense, 1300 lines.)  When both have finished, RestoreDefaultPrinter() is called.

Is there something I need to do in code when the second print routine has finished to "clear the buffer" so the next form starts fresh?  Should I put RestoreDefaultPrinter() at the end of the first routine, instead of just the end?  (Each routine contains an AlternateDefaultPrinter() call after the NewPage() and page setup calls are made.  Right now RestoreDefaultPrinter() only appears after the second print routine.)  Would an extra FinishPage() call do anything useful, or is that a bad idea?
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2007 at 6:21pm by Hammer »  

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Printing weirdness
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 6:11pm
Print Post Print Post  

Raymond Yoxall Consulting