Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) CNet - Curious about review methods (Read 1766 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: CNet - Curious about review methods
Reply #15 - Oct 10th, 2007 at 8:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Scott, the voice actuation is currently available, (but don't tell your boss).

Using it for commands can be set up to work well.  Using it to take dictation is still highly inaccurate.
But you can create "macros" that could run on one word commands.  Have used technique in some medical applications for writing medical reports.  One word = one or more paragraphs, eg.

Haven't integrated it with Sesame yet, but a voice command could create a file or change a value in a file, so that Sesame could look at/for that file and perform based on its content.  Here is an untested approach. 

1.  Click a button to put Sesame into Voice Command mode, and it could go into a holding pattern, looking for specific files and responding as defined. 
2.  Holding pattern could be a form that says "In Voice Command Mode.  Say Open Sesame to return to normal operations"   
3.  No buttons on form, mouse movement locked up. 
4.  When "Open Sesame" is spoken, a voice macro creates a file open.ses. 
5.  The Sesame program sees that open.ses exists, deletes open.ses, closes that form, and returns to Main Menu or wherever you want.

(Patent pending.  All rights reserved). Wink

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

charliebrown
Members

Beware...novice at large

Re: CNet - Curious about review methods
Reply #16 - Oct 11th, 2007 at 9:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 9th, 2007 at 10:12pm:
charliebrown wrote on Oct 9th, 2007 at 10:10pm:
IMHO, I think at least half of what negatives I see regarding Sesame are "cultural"...people want something that, once installed on their computer, runs all by itself.

Ah yes! The interface that consists of one big "CLICK HERE" button that magically does whatever you are thinking at the moment. I'd like that one too!  Smiley

We'll talk   Roll Eyes

I'm ordering 2.0 tomorrow and was going to inquire about the "One Click" patch...is there a discount on that for current Sesame owners?  Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print