Normal Topic [Solved] Visibility question (Read 362 times)
FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

[Solved] Visibility question
Oct 9th, 2007 at 3:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Solution: Prevent certain elements from printing by using the new Visibility options in Designer.

Hello All,
Everyone who has version 2 has seen the Firstlook.db and the command buttons at the top, I'm questioning the "Print" command button programing and its visibility issues. When it prints it does not make the buttons invisible. I am having the same issue with my conversion to version 2 as well, is it just me?

« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2007 at 7:44pm by Hammer »  

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Visibility question
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 3:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
FlipGilbert wrote on Oct 9th, 2007 at 3:29pm:
Hello All,
Everyone who has version 2 has seen the Firstlook.db and the command buttons at the top, I'm questioning the "Print" command button programing and its visibility issues. When it prints it does not make the buttons invisible. I am having the same issue with my conversion to version 2 as well, is it just me?

You are correct. The folk did not realize that the print changes would affect that part of the sample.

Using @SelectTreeItem to do this won't work any more. You should use the new PrintAForm command or you canuse the new Visibility options in Designer to set the buttons to be visible When Not Printed. This will automatically exclude them from printing.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Re: Visibility question
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 7:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sweeeeeeeet! that removes so much blah blah blah code!

Thank you

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged