Normal Topic [Solved] Multiline element question (Read 481 times)
FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

[Solved] Multiline element question
Oct 10th, 2007 at 7:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Solution: Wrapping/clipping issues can be caused if you select a size that is not really supported by the selected font face. Try a different font face or size.

I have a mulitline element on a form that when the form is printed the text on the right side side gets cut off by 6 or 7 letters. Its not the page setting for the printer is off, the element is in the middle of the page. is there a way to widen this? I tried changing the size of the element with no changes. any suggestions?         Ver 2.0.3

Thank you
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2007 at 7:35pm by Hammer »  

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Multiline element question
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 1:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello FlipGilbert,

Could you send your DB and DAT files to support@lantica.com so that I can see what you are seeing? I don't need all the records so if you want, you can strip it down to just one or two that show this problem.

If you have more than one form in this app be sure to tell me what form I should be looking at. And if there is security also include the username and password.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Re: Multiline element question
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 7:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ben solved it! 

"Hello Flip,
It looks like the problem you are having with the multi line text field is being caused by Lucinda Console being unable to accurately wrap to the next line. This may be caused by 14 being a size that is not supported by the font. You can change the font size for text to 13 in your design, which should work. The other option is to change the font face to Arial, Times New Roman, or any other font that 14 is a valid size for (you have to test them out to see what works and what does not)."

Ben ROCKS!

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged