Normal Topic One user experiencing frequest crashes (Read 697 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

One user experiencing frequest crashes
Oct 13th, 2007 at 3:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
My Rigging dispatcher has reported to me that Sesame frequently crashes on him (on a daily basis or at least several times a week).  I've told him I need to see the error message to determine what the problem is.  He showed me a photo he captured on his phone last night but it's the size of a postage stamp and looks to be a general Windows error message (sesame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, your work may be lost, do you want to send an error report" etc).

All that he's been able to tell me so far is that it usually happens when he clicks somewhere on a form that is outside of an element box or command button, on the form background itself.

No other user has reported any crashes, and I have experienced none myself.

If I do manage to see this, what should I be looking for?  Would sending the the file accompanying the error message to Support be of any use (I've tried to read them myself in the past but it's gibberish to me.)

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: One user experiencing frequest crashes
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 1:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
Infinity wrote on Oct 13th, 2007 at 3:01pm:
My Rigging dispatcher has reported to me that Sesame frequently crashes on him (on a daily basis or at least several times a week).  I've told him I need to see the error message to determine what the problem is.  He showed me a photo he captured on his phone last night but it's the size of a postage stamp and looks to be a general Windows error message (sesame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, your work may be lost, do you want to send an error report" etc).

All that he's been able to tell me so far is that it usually happens when he clicks somewhere on a form that is outside of an element box or command button, on the form background itself.

No other user has reported any crashes, and I have experienced none myself.

If I do manage to see this, what should I be looking for?  Would sending the the file accompanying the error message to Support be of any use (I've tried to read them myself in the past but it's gibberish to me.)

If you do end up sending in the files, we will need the log files from both the server and client machine. Also include any steps that will point us in the right direction to see this problem.

IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 6:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
How does one view the server log?  Whenever I use server admin with a client all I see is the local log.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 6:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
You would use Server Admin on the Server computer itself. As long as the Start in of the Sesame Client is the same as the Sesame Server on that system then the log you are viewing will be the Server log.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 6:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ah, that explains it.  I'll need to make a client shortcut with the server's start in setting.  Thanks.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 4:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
He crashed this morning, and I have emailed the requested files.  I took a look at them first and am not sure how much help they will be.  But let me know if I can provide further details.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged