Normal Topic rootdirs.ini questions (Read 536 times)
FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

rootdirs.ini questions
Nov 7th, 2007 at 10:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm looking to modify my rootdirs.ini file and was wondering if there is a list of what... command names?... are adjustable? besides what is in the "Inside Sesame" October issue! (very good stuff)
I want to open the application to full screen on start up,
default the auto complete to "off"
possibly default the command tree to to "Off"? but still be able to go into view and turn it back on.
Things like that
and do I understand correctly this ini file needs to be on the server and will also control the clients?

thanks for any help

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: rootdirs.ini questions
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 12:19am
Print Post Print Post  
You are talking about sesame.ini, not the rootdirs.ini file.  The rootdirs.ini file has another purpose, to assist and/or limit the folders that the user can access for Sesame application and designer files. 

The sesame.ini file can also have any name, you can have multiple "ini" files, different ones for each user.  You can also put the sesame.ini file on the server and can start Sesame with the "-ini_file" switch telling it what "ini" file to open and where. 

Here is the startup line ffrom one of my clients' machines:
Code
Select All
C:\Sesame2\Program\sesame.exe -client CompaqChris:20000:20001 -ini_file C:\Sesame2\Utilities\SensibleSolutions\Ini\Shipping.ini 

This opens the Shipping.ini file in the sub folder where I keep multiple ini files.  The sub folder in this case is C:\Sesame2\Utilities\SensibleSolutions\Ini\

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 12:33am
Print Post Print Post  
ok, that makes more sense.
Thank you Bob

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 2:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
FlipGilbert wrote on Nov 7th, 2007 at 10:48pm:
I'm looking to modify my rootdirs.ini file and was wondering if there is a list of what... command names?... are adjustable? besides what is in the "Inside Sesame" October issue! (very good stuff)

You can get the complete list of the Sesame.ini file entries by clicking the Save Global Settings button in Sdesigner. If you have any questions about what one of them controls, just ask.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged