Normal Topic Open Office Writer (Read 517 times)
polishrob

Open Office Writer
Nov 29th, 2007 at 6:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Greetings All,
I am in the process of creating merge documents and I'm running into a slight problem.

I've changed the variable in "WordMerge Mk VII. 20 May 2006. Minor edits for Sesame v2.0 26 June 2007." So that it will allow me to display *.odt files. I also created a data merge file for the field values. When I print a document using a command button it will open the odt file with the fields I designated (ex <date>) but in order to print the document I have to select "Data sources" then "Mail Merge" from the toolbar. The record(s) are all ready listed there but it takes these extra steps to get them to print.

Does anyone have any ideas to get it to print without going through the extra steps?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Open Office Writer
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 6:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm not sure why you consider these "extra steps". In Word, you have to click one of the Merge buttons. On a non-merged doc, you click the Print button.

In Word you can put VBA in the document that automatically performs the merge and closes the document. I actually started looking into making OpenOffice able to do the same thing last week. It's a big object model though, and one I'm not familiar with, so it's taking me some time to figure it out. I've got the merge itself working in code, but I still need to figure out how to release the data source and close the file. Shall I let you know when I get it figured out?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

polishrob

Re: Open Office Writer
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 5:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sure, that would be most excellent!

Also, I would like to thank you for all the help you've given me. I really appreciate it.

IP Logged