Normal Topic [Solved] @XLookup needs a password (Read 374 times)
Calibrate1

[Solved] @XLookup needs a password
Dec 4th, 2007 at 7:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been working on creating a whole new system for our day-to-day needs.  (We still use mostly Q&A).
I have a database that looks up information in the client database in the same application.  Thas has been running on a few manually entered client records.  I have had the @XLookupSourceList() working, and not it isn't.  The only thing that I done in relation to the applicable elements is to import all the client information from an comma delimited file.  Is there something easy that I missed?

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2007 at 9:26pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: @XLookup fails after importing
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 8:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

Is @Error being set?

If so, Here are some things to try or look at....

Try simplifying the @XLookupSourceList() down to just a one field in the source list. You may have renamed one of the fields in the list and not remembered to change it in the code.

You mentioned several forms in one Application, you will need to specify the form that you are referring to in the third argument of the X command. Without this the X command will not know which form you are referring to.

Are you testing in Preview Mode in 1.x? X commands do not run in Preview mode in the 1.x series of Sesame

Did you add Security to the application but not add an XUser or XPassword? The XUser and XPassword need to be a valid login to the application if you have security.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Calibrate1

Re: @XLookup fails after importing
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 8:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Well it was the security.  Thanks Ray

IP Logged