Normal Topic HideTabPage (Read 355 times)
MP

HideTabPage
Dec 19th, 2007 at 2:37am
Print Post Print Post  
I have a tab form with four tab pages.  I'm unable to hide the last tab page.  What I want to do is hide all but the farthest left.  But no matter what I do, I can't hide the one on the farthest right.  I even tried hiding all tab pages from 0 to 9 (even though I only have four tab pages) but still I couldn't hide the tab on the farthest right.  I can hide the three leftmost tabs.  But I can't leave the leftmost tab visible and hide the three rightmost tabs.  (2.0.4)

Note that that tab was assigned the name TabPage0 by Sesame, a name which I cannot change.

PS - Is the following analysis correct?  The page_no parameter of HideTabPage appears to be a relative page number.  i.e.  if you have four tabs and hide page 3, the fourth tab becomes page three.  Thus, if you want to hide pages 3 and four, you either need to hide 4 then 3 or hide 3 twice.  The page_no parameter is unfortunately not well documented.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: HideTabPage
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 2:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
The page_no argument is "relative" in that, when you hide a tab page, it is no longer there to be counted. Therefore, if you hide page 1, page 2 becomes the first page. If you call HideTabPage(LE, 1) three times in a row, it will hide the first three pages.

You are correct that you cannot currently hide the rightmost page. There must be at least one visible page, so the last one cannot be hidden. We're looking at changing this behavior so that you can hide the last page as long as at least one other page is still visible.

Edited:
This is changed now. You cannot hide the last visible tab page, but that can be any page. You can hide the rightmost page if there is another page visible. This change will be in 2.0.5.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged