Normal Topic Specific Questions ...? (Read 328 times)
KKRanch

Specific Questions ...?
Jan 21st, 2008 at 8:05am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello!

I'm a  new user.  I've been through the Quick-Start Tutorials, and diligently created my first Sesame Applications.  I have also altered an existing Sesame database to incorporate the fields I need, and made my own database with a subform. 

Questions:
1)  On an existing database, how can I determine which form is being used as the subform (so I can take it back to the designer to make changes?)  re: CharityDonors

2) On the CharityDonors form, they have two fields which calculate data from the subform (i.e. number of donations, and total $ amount) ... how do I create similar fields on my own forms?

3) Also on CharityDonors form ... the "ReCalc" button below the subform ... how do I create that?  I used the Layout Element Adder and selected 'Command Button" ... do I need to select "Program Layout" and do something there?  I have a vague idea that "ReCalc" is tied to the F8 function key?

I am sorry to be asking questions that are probably listed somewhere, but I've been at this for over 12 hours, and was really hoping to have the database ready for input this weekend.  Just point me in to the right page, or give me a quick how-to link?

HELP?! Embarrassed
-KT

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Specific Questions ...?
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 12:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
KKRanch wrote on Jan 21st, 2008 at 8:05am:
1)  On an existing database, how can I determine which form is being used as the subform (so I can take it back to the designer to make changes?)  re: CharityDonors

In SDesigner, open your main form. Right-click on the subform element and choose subform properties. One of the properties is the name of the form being displayed.

Quote:
2) On the CharityDonors form, they have two fields which calculate data from the subform (i.e. number of donations, and total $ amount) ... how do I create similar fields on my own forms?

3) Also on CharityDonors form ... the "ReCalc" button below the subform ... how do I create that?  I used the Layout Element Adder and selected 'Command Button" ... do I need to select "Program Layout" and do something there?  I have a vague idea that "ReCalc" is tied to the F8 function key?

For both of the above, you will probably want to use the new FormDependentValue call. I don't have the sample app here, but the recalc button may not be needed if you use this command. Examples of using FormDependentValue are in the Sesame Programming Guide.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged