Normal Topic [Fixed] ReadOnly for First Search (Read 385 times)
MP

[Fixed] ReadOnly for First Search
Jan 30th, 2008 at 2:21am
Print Post Print Post  
Fixed in 2.0.6

(Cross-posted to Lantica Online Support Request)

I'd like to make certain LEs Read Only when displaying the Search screen.  However, when I use the ReadOnly method in the form's On Retrieve Spec Open event, the LE does not change to a Read Only state until after the search is performed (i.e. hitting F10).  Once the form is open, subsequent calls to change back to Search mode (i.e. hitting F7) do properly respect the intent of the ReadOnly calls in the On Retrieve Spec Open event.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2008 at 5:00pm by Hammer »  

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: Cannot Initialize LEs to ReadOnly for First Se
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 3:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
I see that too. It's most likely by design (so you can still search on read-only fields), though I know that if you explicitly tell Sesame to do something, you want it to obey.

To get around that, you could place Visibility(MyLE_Name, 0) into the On Retrieve Spec Open event, which will hide the field totally. Then, in the On Form Entry event, you can use whatever combination of ReadOnly() and Visibility() calls that you need.

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Cannot Initialize LEs to ReadOnly for First Se
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 3:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Carl is correct. This happens because we were asked to force read-only fields to become available at the Retrieve Spec, which we are doing. The problem seems to be that we are doing it after the On Retrieve Spec Open programming runs. We are looking for a good way to thread the needle and retain both capabilities.

Edited:
I've just been told that they figured this out and it is fixed in 2.0.6.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2008 at 5:01pm by Hammer »  

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged