Normal Topic @xlookupSourceList ( )  limit ??? (Read 675 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

@xlookupSourceList ( )  limit ???
Mar 6th, 2008 at 7:50am
Print Post Print Post  
There seems to be limit of 25 of SourceList elements in the above function. Found out hard way. It just refused to retrieve the data and I had to go on increasing the number of elements a few at a time to hit 25 and then it stopped working. Unfortunately it does not give any message like -- "You have exeeded the limit" or whatever. First I thought it was a security issue but @xlookup and @xListvalue worked flawlessly, so that was eliminated. Thought it was not translated properly. (This is being used to get the data from Q&A. )

One could probably use xResultset ( ) command and that may not have limit but I am going a little slow. It would have been nice to know the limit beforehand. Can somebody confirm that this limit is real and it is not the figments of my imagination. If it is real, it will certainly help someone to know this limitation. I am sure it is mentioned somewhere in the manuals or on the web. Thanks.

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: @xlookupSourceList ( )  limit ???
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 2:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
There must me something else that is wrong. I just ran a test that retrieved data from 52 fields.

I did, however, find that if just one of the references in the source list is misspelled, the entire function fails to return any value.

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 2:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
I came across this in preview mode. Could there be limit preview mode? I will switch around the elements and see if there is some problem with certain elements (either misspelled or something else). I will look further and get back.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 2:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik wrote on Mar 6th, 2008 at 2:19pm:
I came across this in preview mode. Could there be limit preview mode?

Shouldn't make a difference.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 2:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
The test I just ran was also in Preview mode.

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 5:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
I ran the test with other Application. It works fine even with a lot higher number than 25. I believe the problem I had was because of the application that I had translated from Q&A and if you do not do your work in Q&A database because translating it, it seems to give unpredictable results and exhibits strange behavior. One has to be also very careful about the name of the elements. If one is wrong, nothing will work. The best way is to get the String of the elements from the Layout using @StringArrayElement( ) command and then paste them to avoid mistake.

So issue is settled that there is no such limit. Thank Carl and Erika for looking into this.

IP Logged