Normal Topic This may help someone... (Read 2824 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

This may help someone...
Apr 15th, 2008 at 11:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
While running server/client mode, our server kept on dropping clients. I could not even complete finishing one record before server will drop the client. Eventually I had to stop working with Sesame for the time being. After 3 - 4 hours I once again tried to work it and everything worked so well and then once again started dropping clients. Ben suggested working SDesigner in Client mode but I did not know how to do that at that time.

Come to find out that if you run SDesigner in Standalone mode on server computer while working with Server/Client mode was causing the dropping of our clients from the server. We could predictably reproduce and recreate such nightmare.

While working on SDesigner in Client mode solved the problem for good.

However, I have one query.  While you load both Sdesigner and Sesame runtime as clients and work with the same application in both, two applications are loaded with the same name. It is hard to tell which one is Sdesigner Trial database and which one is the runtime module's real database. While reconciling you end up unloading both of them and you have to reload the application in Sdesigner again before you know for sure that you are not going to reconcile the running application to avoid the disaster in waiting. Is there a way to give them slightly different name such as medical.db and medical.dsr instead of Medical and Medical?

IP Logged