Normal Topic @Number & Picklist (Read 465 times)
Marine8

@Number & Picklist
May 23rd, 2008 at 3:12am
Print Post Print Post  
I have two questions. Can you reset @number in sesame similar to the way it was done in Q&A ?  And the second one is I am trying to get a picklist popup in a customer field that list all the customers from the CURRENT database that you are working in.  Also, if you enter a new name in the customer field that is not in the picklist, it will add it to your picklist.  I just recently started using Sesame and I see it offers numerous ways to do picklist looking up in a EXTERNAL database, but I haven't seen much on looking up in the CURRENT database that you are working in.  Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: @Number & Picklist
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2008 at 4:41am
Print Post Print Post  
@Number reset is done in SDesigner through Application Property Manager.

Your second question as to Popup Customer List, Please look into following code entered in On Element Entry Event:

Code
Select All
var vList as string

vList = @XListValues(@Fn, "Customer!CustomerName")
vList = @SortStringArray(vList, 0)	// 0 = ASCII sort, 1 = Number sort
vList = @UniqueStringArray(vList)	// Removes duplicates
CustomerName = @PopupMenu (vList, "Customer List")

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: @Number & Picklist
Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2008 at 12:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I just recently started using Sesame and I see it offers numerous ways to do picklist looking up in a EXTERNAL database, but I haven't seen much on looking up in the CURRENT database that you are working in.

As with Q&A, if you specify @Filename or @FN, Sesame will look in the current application.

Quote:
Also, if you enter a new name in the customer field that is not in the picklist, it will add it to your picklist.

To add a new record to the Customer database, you can use the XResultSet commands. There is an example of doing this on the Main Menu of the sample application attached to this post.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged