Normal Topic Does the image path have limitations? (Read 607 times)
esgage

No personal text

Does the image path have limitations?
Jun 16th, 2008 at 7:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
To whom it may concern:

I have a very large number of photos that I apply the Sesame Database every time one of my jobs ships. I have noticed that I no longer can see all the files that are in my pics directory by scrolling down after I double click the field. For example photos that start with A thru G are visible but when I scroll down to G, it stops and I cannot see G thru Z. The photos are in the directoty and I can apply Z photo to the record for example, but I need to type it in, rather then scroll and find it. Is there a way to scroll through all my photos?

FYI - this is in Update Mode using the latest version 2.0.6.

Thanks,

Kevin
ES Gage

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Does the image path have limitations?
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 7:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
There are two limits that I am aware of:

1) the operating system limits the number of files that can be accessed in a directory. This limit (on Windows) varies by how the directory is accessed, but not the number of files that may be in there.
2) the file dialog limits the number that can be seen based on a limit on the size of a scrolling region. So that would work out to the number of items * the height of one item in pixels.

If you running into limitation #2, try making the pixel size for the system menu font much smaller and see if the number of files displayed is increased.

In either case, you should consider breaking up your image file collection into subdirectories, maybe alphabetically, because these numbers are both well into the thousands.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

esgage

No personal text

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 8:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Mark:

Thanks for the help. So I guess there is no magical change or anything I can do to the Sesame.ini file or what-not. I have over 1000 pics and they are all around the same size. Most are in order by number, not alpha, as I used that just as an example. I could make new directories for each number sequence, I.E. all jobs that start with 1, 2, etc. However, I am afraid if I add new folders to that directory when I search my jobs I will not see those photos linked to that record anymore since it was moved. I do not want to manually relink hundreds of jobs that shipped already either. I think I may be stuck typing it in, if known. Oh well.

Thanks,

Kevin

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 8:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Can you run a mass update to update the existing records to the new paths?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged