Normal Topic Main Form and Sub Form via print (Read 742 times)
carlos cotto

Main Form and Sub Form via print
Oct 28th, 2008 at 3:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello

Sometimes ago I got Sesame 2.0.4V and I doing some progress but I do I do have two (2) diferents questions;

1.  If any possibilty to create a report via programing or something else, that allow me to print the data from Main Report, bur also some selected data in the Subform?

2. How I could program a particular element without do it manually and get the the results expected it?
This is the programing that developed  in a very simple and basic fashion;

VAR VGASTO0 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_01 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_02 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_03 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_04 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_05 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_06 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_07 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_08 AS MONEY
VAR VN2R_09 AS MONEY
VAR VFDATE AS STRING

GASTo0 = N2R_08
IF (FDATE >= "28 OCT 2008")
{
              GASTO0 =N2R_08
}
GASTo0 = N2R_08
IF (FDATE >= "28 OCT 2008")
{
              GASTO0 =N2R_09

Thanks

Carlos E. Cotto
Uninversity of Puerto Rico, Cayey Campus
Executive Offcer II
carlos.cotto2@upr.edu

PS: I been working with Sesame since VSesame 1.0.0. Does any one knows someone in Puerto Rico, that is working with SESAME, any version?

IP Logged

Acebanner

Re: Main Form and Sub Form via print
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 3:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
You may want to look at the PrintString family of commands. I use them to print out a production sheet that lists subrecords. It requires that you loop through the subrecords, so you should be able to program the results you want.

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: Main Form and Sub Form via print
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 1:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
1.  If any possibilty to create a report via programing or something else, that allow me to print the data from Main Report, bur also some selected data in the Subform?

Subreports may be what you're looking for. (You could also use lookup statements in the report programming to grab info from the subform records.)

Quote:
2. How I could program a particular element without do it manually and get the the results expected it?  
This is the programing that developed  in a very simple and basic fashion;

This question is not clear, but it sounds like you want to change the "28 OCT 2008" portion without redesigning the report each time. You could do this with GlobalValue or ClientLocalValue. Or you could use @AskUser or @Calendar in the report's global code event, which would prompt you for the info each time the report is run.

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged