Normal Topic WMLDocs (Read 828 times)
wildwood

No personal text

WMLDocs
Nov 4th, 2008 at 1:35am
Print Post Print Post  
I am running Sesame version 1.14. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop running Vista home basic.I am using Microsoft Office 2007. I recenetly had to update one of my WMLdocuments due to a change of address. I saved the document as prescribed in the Word Lite aid. However when I save it again as a a web page I get the following prompt:
Microsoft Office Word Compatability Checker
Some of the features in this document aren't supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and Netscape Navigator 4.0
Summary:
Tables with text wrapping anf framed objects will become aligned with the beginning of the paragraph.
It refuses to save the document in the HTML format, making it unusable for a word merge. The previous document with the old address worked just fine.
I use Internet explorer version 7.0

Appreciate any help,
Peter

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: WMLDocs
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 4:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Did you recently switch to Office 2007 or have you been using it prior to making the address change?

It sounds like there is a built-in compatibility checker that is warning you that the page it is creating may not display as intended out outdated browsers. You may be able to turn off the compatibility checker in the save options.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2008 at 6:11pm by Ben »  
IP Logged

wildwood

No personal text

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 6:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Ben,
I used Office 2007 last year without a problem. So if the compatability checker is the issue how do I turn it off? and do I need to turn it back on again at other times??

Thanks,
Peter

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 7:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Click on the Office icon in the upper left portion of your screen.
Go to 'Word Options'
Go to 'Advanced'
Click on the 'Web Options' button

You should see a drop down box that says 'People who view this web page will be using'
- Select Internet Explorer 7 from the list

IP Logged