Normal Topic Q&A Win 4.0 Translation Errors into Sesame 2.1 (Read 696 times)
ppothier

Q&A Win 4.0 Translation Errors into Sesame 2.1
Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
I just purchased and installed Sesame 2.1. I carefully read the Q & A Translation Guide and made the necessary changes to my database. After translation into Sesame, I get the following in the Sesame Error Logger:

Can anyone explain what the errors are and how to correct them?

Thank you.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Q&A Win 4.0 Translation Errors into Sesame 2.1
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 9:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Paul,

It looks like you skipped the steps where you clean up your data and legalize your field names.

The errors where it says that [FIELD] cannot be retained with [VALUE] means that there is a record in the Q&A database where a Date field does not contain a valid date or a Money field does not contain a valid Money value or another such mismatch. You can find these records in Q&A by using /.. in the retrieve spec for the field named. This will find any record where the value in that field is incorrectly formatted for the data type and correct it. You see an error in the log because Sesame was unable to retain the value and it will not appear in the Sesame record.

The ones that say Warning: Layout element name [name] resolves to a reserved keyword are warning you that one of your field names is illegal for use in programming. You can change the field name before translation in Q&A and retranslate.

Take a look at pages 6 and 7 of the Q&A Translation Guide.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

ppothier

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 12:09am
Print Post Print Post  
Still working on this. I have some errors resolved but others seem to make no sense. Yes I read the programming and translating guides. However, still cannot resolve.

Specifically these errors make no sense to me:

[EFFDATE] cannot be retained with value [0]

Ok the EFFDATE field in all of the database records has a date. Each record in the Q & A database has a proper date (example: 01-01-2009). There are no empty fields, no fields with 0, etc...  So why the error?

[TERMED] cannot be retained with value [TERMED]

Ok there is no TERMED as a value in any record for this field. Only valid dates (example: 01-01-2009) exist and all records are populated with a valid date for this field. So why the error?

[CLIENTDOB] cannot be retained with value [Refer To File]

Ok what does this mean? Every record has a valid date for this field (example: 01-01-2009)

[TERMED] Cannot be retained with value [.]

Again what does this mean? There is no . in any record for this field only proper dates exist and do exist in this field for ever record (example: 01-01-2009).

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 1:14am
Print Post Print Post  
How are you confirming that there are no records in the Q&A database with a non-date value in EFFDATE? Are you using the /.. method or some other way?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

ppothier

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 6:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Jan 28th, 2009 at 1:14am:
How are you confirming that there are no records in the Q&A database with a non-date value in EFFDATE? Are you using the /.. method or some other way?

Ahh yess.. all problems solved. I wasn't doing it right. Now I am Smiley. No more translation errors!!!  Grin

IP Logged