Normal Topic PrintAReport does not print Landscape (Read 1232 times)
carsten

Carpe Diem

PrintAReport does not print Landscape
Jan 21st, 2009 at 10:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi there,

my PrintAReport command does not print in Landscape but only Portrait. It furthermore seems to misread width and height, i.e 210 by 297 should be size A4 but is a lot smaller.

Here is my line of code

vFilename = @PrintAReport("Verleihliste", REPORT_MODE_PRINT_ONLY_PREVIEW,PRINT_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE, 0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1)

regards
Carsten  Huh

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Re: PrintAReport does not print Landscape
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 3:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Carsten,
The line of programming you have above will only bring up the report in the Report Preview window.
Try setting the report mode to 'REPORT_MODE_PRINT_ONLY' or  'REPORT_MODE_HTML' and see if your report prints landscape.

IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 7:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Ben,

yes it does indeed. Thanks for the hint. Maybe you can help me with a related issue as well?
The printing routine does not seem to accept me setting the left margin say to -30. It still starts printing at the same position.

Do you know how to create vertcal and horizontal line, i.e. to structure a table when using the direct print and not HTML.

best
Carsten

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 7:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
The printing routine does not seem to accept me setting the left margin say to -30. It still starts printing at the same position.

-30 is not a valid position to start a margin. Most printers will only allow a .15-.25 inch (6.35 mm) margin due to limitations of the printer. If you are printing from your web browser, you should be able to adjust you printer's margins by selecting File > Page Setup.

Quote:
Do you know how to create vertical and horizontal line, i.e. to structure a table when using the direct print and not HTML.

In Report Designer, click on the section header for 'Group Body'. This will give you the option to set the borders around the report's cells.

IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 8:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
The user is printin the report directly and should not be hassled with having to set margins etc manually. The problem is, that the printin only starts about 20mm into the page. That is far more than usual.

Quote:
In Report Designer, click on the section header for 'Group Body'. This will give you the option to set the borders around the report's cells.

It does work with HTML but does not seem to be working with the direct printing routine. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Carsten

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 8:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Carsten,
I will submit a feature request for cell borders using Print Immediate for you.

In the mean time, try using Report_Mode_Html. This will Print the report immediately using whatever layout options are used by your default web browser.

Using Report_Mode_HTML will give you easier control over page layout and will also enable you to use cell borders.

IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 9:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ben,

thanks for your help, it is verry much apreciated.
My problem is that the printout is a form that is partially filled in by Sesame and partcially in writing by the user. I unfortunately need the fixed column spacing the direct print offers. I have not manged to have fixed column width in HTML sofar and my understanding here is that HTML does not allow this.

Roll Eyes

Carsten

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 3:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Carsten -

You can set the width of the elements in Report Designer through the property editor. To do this, you will need to select the report element you want to resize.

Once you have the element selected, navigate to the Property Editor on the left hand side of the screen.

In the Property Editor, select the Position tab.

You should see a field labeled 'Width'. This is where you can set how wide your element is in the report.

IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 5:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ben,

this does unfortunately not seem to work in any of my HTML that is why I am converting them by and by to the direct print report.

IP Logged

Ben
Lantica Support

Reply #9 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 6:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
What you may be seeing when printing the HTML file is the browser attempting to fit what is printed to the size of a sheet of paper.
You should be able to turn off the 'Fit To Page' or 'Scale To Fit' setting in your browser's print settings.

IP Logged